7/17/2008

My New and Renewed Flower Beds and The Pond

These are my new and renewed old flower beds that are finished with a lot of hard work from my daughter, Wendy. I got some new plants and stone to edge the new beds, and Wendy did a lot of weeding and putting new mulch into the existing beds to get my front lawn back into shape. Too bad the weeds grow so much faster and prolific than any thing else!











From the side drive looking over the front lawn. Wendy stacked the white stone into a oval around the center bed, and then added more stone to edge the bed along the house. Too bad the flowers are not all in bloom at this time.










'This is along the side drive, the big plant next to the little pine tree is a hybiscus bush that is getting buds ready for BEAUTIFUL white and red flowers!



This is a new water fountain I got for the front beds. Really cute little guy! Very soothing sound of water.

This is the new bed added on to
the new addition in front of the new added bedroom we had built. To the far left is a new purple lilac bush, right of that is a yellow and green bush and then a hosta then another new bush with white little bell flowers then, my old snowball bushes.










This is the new park bench we got for sitting on the new front porch, so great for watching what goes on in the neighborhood, and the flowers, when they bloom.





This is the canopy with screens that we sit on the patio and watch the kids swim and look at the pond






This is my little pond, and a great place for my little fisher guy that Caroline got me for my birthday. It has fairies and a lighthouse.

Perfect place for him to sit and fish! LOL!


Well thats it for now, sorry that lots of things were not in bloom at this moment, but I'll catch them after they open up later.




This our 15 ft round swimming pool - the kids begged us to reopen for another season.



Thats it for now. Just a peek of things to come.

6 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Great summery photos - thanks SO much for posting them.

Tis the opposite here... there's a freezing breeze blowing and rattling the windows as I write, and my little excuse for a garden is all brown and dying off :( Pooh.

Hope all is going well in your world.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

♥Caroline♥ said...

Nice pics Mom...Good to see you updating.
I love where you put the fisher guy.

Sabrina said...

Thanks for stopping by my place! We "survived" TS Edouard no problem--we're actually having much worse weather today without all the hubbub! Lots of work in the garden!!!

Amber said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. Michigan hasn't been super exciting so far and the job search has been less than fruitful, indeed. Your garden looks lovely, and I wish I had a pool in my backyard (well, maybe not because then I would have to take care of that, too!).

Anonymous said...

Bummer - I can't see the pictures, but my computer has been acting up the past couple of days.

It all sounds lovely!!!

gammamoma said...

Dear Karmyn r,
Please stop by another day when your computer is working right. Pleased to meet you!
Paula