4/25/2005

Momma IS at home

Well, I am at home, and in some ways, I feel kind of useless. It such a change to be home all the time, after working for over 35 years at a full time job. I have had a hard time adjusting to staying home, trying to find something to do with myself every day besides sleeping and eating. I think I need to get back to my hobbies, like painting pictures to keep me busy during the day.

I had a full time, important, managerial job at a contruction material dealership, and was proud of my accomplishments. I rarely missed a day, and I felt important and was paid well for my work. Now I can't look foreward to that anymore.

When I was younger, I used to paint oil paintings of scenery, boats at sea, or even animal portraits, and sell them at my work, or in yard sales, which brought in some extra money too. I loved it, but, my old paints have dried up, and I would have to replace them, as I haven't done it in quite a while. I have done some portraits of people, but I am not perfect, I can only get a close likeness, but it is pretty difficult capturing an exact likeness. Many people have purchased and own hundreds of my paintings and many relatives have too.

Do other people have this problem finding something to do in their retirement?

I'm NOT looking foreward to my husband retiring in a few years. To have him around 24/ 7 will be very frustrating for me. Not that I don't love him, but he can never make up his mind and does nothing rather than make a decision, and then he gets bored fast because he won't do anything different. He is so hesitant to go out and do anything I suggest. Most of the time he stays home and sleeps, and I go out with my daughter. I'm not looking forward to it AT ALL!

Any suggestions friends?

2 comments:

wendy said...

Mom you need a brake a brake from work a brake from hurting and the pain,God grant My mom some peace because she has none for going on two years,,you missed and are missing so many field trips with the kids.Can't ask you to go in so much pain.I hope this is it for now God and so we all can enjoy Mom just being happy anough to go out and have fun..Mom and I went to Bingo alot she would drive all the way over and back so I could get out of the house for a while and doing mommy stuff.Go to the show with all the kids and even my step daughter went sometimes.drag the kids out almost ever saterday I could expect to see mom and the hole bunch of kids follo0wing her.icecream at the mall wa fun..thiers a fun fair coming up at her school and Matthews has past.june 9 Sarah"s going to the Historial museam,IT SAYS THEY WILL ENHANCE THE SEC STUD CURRICULUM BY EXPERIENING PINEER LIFE (FOOD,CLOTHING AND SHELTER) AND THE ROLES EXPERIENCED BY FAMILY MEMBERS,PIONER ECONICS WILL BE DISUSSED AS WELL AS REFLECTION ON TECHNOLGY CHANGE AND ADAPTING TO THE TECHNOLGY CHANGE AND ADAPTING TO THE ENVIRNMENT.,,, and it just reminds me that mom mustly went to my field trips and band concerts,art shows and all the prays i got for being so great.I was the head chiar for a while and Mom bought me my own cornet.
some day i hope SARAH PLAYS THAT TOO.RIGHT NOW i THINK SHE LOVES THE GETTAR AND SINGS AND I THINK SHE GET THE TALENT OF MY mOM AT ART BECAUSE SHE CAN DRAW WHAT SHE SEE PERFECTLY AND THE TEACHER TOLD ME SHE GOT WONDERFUL ILLASTARTSIONS,,MISSING THE PICIN OF HER GOING INTO GIRLSCOUTS AND GETTING A REWARED FOR FINIHING BROWNIES.LOTS OF BANGES..YOUR GOING .i DON'T WANT TO FORGET HOW EVERY SATERDAY WE HAD SOMETHING ME AND mOM DID WITH THE KIDS,LIKE HOW AMBER WANTED TO SEE A MUMMY AND MATTHEW HAD TO BE CARRIED BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO WALK AND i FORGOT THE STOLLER THAT WAS A PAIN BUT FUNNY .THE GARD SAID YOU CAN'T CARRY HIM ON YOUR SHOLDERS.KNOW HE COULDN'T IF I TRYING AND THAT MEANS IT'S BEEN TO LONG AND GRANDMA NEED TO GET BETTER OR THE KIDS AREN'T GOING TO EVEN REMMBER THAT.rEMMBER THE TIME THEY WALKED DOWN THE OLD PATH OF THE MUSEAM AND PLAYED SCHOOL IN THAT OLD OLD SCHOOL.FUN TO SEE THE KIDS TOGETHER ..SO NOT JUST MOM'S HURTING ,WERE ALL HURTING,GOD MAKE THAT DEVIL GO AWAY SO WE CAN HAVE GRAMS BACK..mATTHEW WANTS TO SEE STARWARE WITH GRAMS,,THIS HAS GONE ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS KNOW AND HE 5 SO SINCE 2 NO GRAMS????LET THIS BE THE LAST HOSPITAL STAY AND SHE IS HEALTHY,TO DO SO THINGS WITH THE KIDS..LORD HAVE MURCEY..BEFORE I FORGET

wendy said...

PSS i HOPE WHEN SHE DOES GET BETTER THAT SHE DON'T FORGET MY KIDS AND WHEN I SEE HER AT THE FAIR THAT cAROLINE WILL AVE A HEART AND LET US WALK WITH HER TOO,INSTEAD OF TAKING OFF WITH GRAMS EVEN THOUGH THEY TOOK HER.FOR LIFE IS PRESOUS AND IT HAS TO BE SHARED AND BEING TOO SELFISH WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE.SORRY i MISSPELL AND MY SISTER SHOULD OF SHAER HER COMIC BOOKS.OR BEEN THIER IN REPLACE OF MY MOM WHEN SHE HAD TO WORK UNTIL ABOUT 10PM SHE CAME AND NO SPELLING WAS TOOK,JUST cAROLINE THIER AND SHE WAS AS IT IS NOW OIL AND WATER NEVER COULD MIX.BUT THINGS CAN CHANGE IF SHE JUST GO TO CHURCH AND RAISE HER HANDS BEFORE GOD AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS,TO ME.SHE CAN BE WHATEVER SHE WANTS AND SHE WILL BE MY BIG SISTER..THIS COULD ONLY MAKE IT BETTER,A AUNT OR SOMETHING AS SO,BUT NOTHING BUT A EMTY CUP AND CAROLINES IS HALF FULL..