10/24/2004

Glad to be home

Hi Everyone.
I have been home for little more than a week and a half and am still very swollen and numb, but relatively no pain. I think as the swelling is going down, the numbness might subside slowly too. I have a pretty big cut, from just below the ear to just above the collar bone, but the doc says I was lucky he got in there when he did, as two clots were breaking off and trying to work their way up to my brain which would have caused another stroke.

I'm having a little muscle pain in the back of my left leg, and remembering an illness I had last year, it turned out to be a blood clot forming in my left leg and had to go into the hospital again for some clot busting drugs because I was also having two clots in my lungs and one in my leg from all the bed rest I had that time. I think I will contact my doctor, just in case he wants to check it out to be sure. I then had returned to the hospital because I could barely catch my breath too.

My daughters were just great, standing by me and making sure I was comfortable and doing well as soon as I was out of surgery and each day thereafter. Even when I got home they helped me clean house and get my medicines and make sure I was comfortable. Luckily I had the prayers and best wishes from my family, my husband, by Aunt Sally and Uncle Ed, and several other family and friends who were all concerned about me and really cared about what happened to me. I am still weak and need to build up my strength some more, but I feel pretty great considering what I've been through these past few months.

This Wednesday I completed the last medical test that was required by Social Security, so that should lead to a decision in the next 2-3 weeks from now. I hope they decide for me, as I will never be able to qualify for work as I had done in the past. More about that later....


No comments: